Saturday, January 15, 2011

Januraty 15th - Tewksbury - Fudgcicle 5k

I woke up this morning at about 6. At about 6:30 I ate two pieces of toast with peanut butter and had a glass of OJ. Let me tell you, it made a world of a differnce. At the end of today's race, I felt great! Anyway, my dad and I arrived and found Jessica, who was putting up signs. I hoped out of the car and helped her put up the last few signs. We made our way back to the start where I paid my dollar and then chatted with some people before the start. I sat in the car for a little bit to warm up before the race. At this time, it was 3 degrees farenheit. Still not a "REAL" fudgcicle race because it wasn't below zero, but it was still very cold. Most of us were bundled up in full face masks and gloves and multiple layers. I had a head band and gloves on with 2 shirts and a wind breaker. As I started my face was going numb. My head wasn't very cold so I took my head band down and put around my face to warm up my chin. At the same time, I could barely feel my toes. Well, what was I to do? I continued to run the race and tried not to think about it. Joseph Ferris caught me and Amanda and he started to run with us. We chated most of the way. Amanda took the lead for a while; however, as we rounded about mile 2.5, Joe and I picked up the pace to sub eight minute miles. About a mile before that, I took off my gloves because my hands were getting too hot. I noticed that there was frost building up my arm hairs and my facial hair. I didn't realize why until the end. The sweat was freezing up. We all looked like snowmen.

(BRRRR!!!)

This was a fun race today. I improved my time from last week by almost two minutes. Great Race today. Can't wait to do it all again next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment