Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 11th - Long - 7 miles - 1 big hill

Today was a good day for me. Unfortunately, Kelly had a headache, so she had to cancell our planned four mile run around the boulevard. I took this opportunity to get in my long run for the week at home. My planned long run was with Amanda was supposed to be tomorrow; however, she had to cancell too because one of us would have had to drive to the other one's house in order to run together; and with the amount of snow we are supposed to be getting, it isn't a good idea.


(Not sold in stores!!!)


So I planned on doing six by myself around Hudson. I knew a 6 mile route I could do with a decent hill. New Bedford is coming up in about 2 months and I need a few decent hill workouts.

I made my way towards my old elementary school which put me at 1 mile into my 6 mile run. I mad my way towards the street with the big hill. The beginning wasn't bad, a few rolling hills in the beginning and then came the big incline!!! I was ready to take this hill and feed it to the bottom of my running shoes. I didn't slow my pace down too much while going up the hill. It wasn't too bad in the beginning. I didn't really start to feel the incline until I made it half way up. Then it sunk into my legs and back. After I made it up the hill, there was no where to go but down. I made my way down Burns Hill Road and onto Wason Road. I then decided that I'm going to add on a little bit extra to make it 7 miles, my scheduled long run for the week. I made my way down Wason Road, and with no shoulder it was very difficult to run, especially at 5pm when everyone was getting out of work.

When I started my run it was light out; however, I knew that I would still be running by the time it got dark; therefore, I made sure I had a vest and head lamp and flash light with me so that I could be seen from all angles; although, apparently not everyone wants to be seen while on the road. Some idiot is speeding down with not headlights on. That is one of my biggest pet peeves, when people don't turn on there lights at night!!! I made sure I was visible, he should have too. Anyway, I kept going down the road where I came upon a street called "Empire Circle" I assumed that it was a cul-de-sac. I ran up the street, it was a nice incline, and indeed it was a cul-de-sac. I came down the hill hitting mile 4. It wasn't too bad of a run so far. I made my way down Wason Road and towards Market Basket and onto Lowell Road. I made my way onto the main road and knowing that I still needed to add I little bit more to make my 7 miles, I went down and back a side street and in and around a few parking lots. I made my way back towards T Bones (oh those yummy bacon cheddar fries) and a finished strong with 7 miles just before my street.

(I love this place!!!)

I deffinitely felt like I could have gone much longer, but I want to stick to my training schedule and 7 is my max for the week. Glad I got that done and over with!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment