Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13th - Hudson, NH - Training - 5

I had worked 12-4 today and decided that I wanted to continue my running streak to make it 2 full weeks of running. I had eaten food right after work (I gotta stop doing that!!!)


(They are soooooo good!!!!)

I decided to go home and take a hot bath to help my back out because it has been hurting a little bit. This was perfect. It gave me time to digest my food and it helped my back heel up a little bit. After I got out of the tub it was about 5:15. I got dressed in my running clothes, put on my vest and head lamp and headed out. It was about 5:30 when I started my run. I planned on doing 5 miles. I started around my neighborhood the same way I started my 3.5 miler from last night. After a few miles I made my way onto the main road for about half a mile. It wasn't too bad as I had on my vest which was blinking orange and my head lamp which was blinking the regular color of a flash light. Plus, I had my hand flash light to shine on the road for extra visibilility. I made my way back to into the T-Bones parking lot and back into my neighborhood. I was at 4.1 miles when I decided which way I was giong to go to end my 5 mile run.



(ALWAYS MADE FRESH!!!)


I was at about a 9:55 pace in the last mile and I ended down hill then flat. I picked up the speed significantly and dropped a minute in my pace. In turn, my average pace went from 9:57 to 9:44. This was an awesome last mile and I'm glad that I finished strong. I needed this run and I'm glad I got it done!!!


1 comment:

  1. Keep it going!! Love the blog's look. Reminds me of something I once had....

    ReplyDelete