Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 7th - Training - Another 4 on the boulevard

I met up with Kelly again at about 4:30. I made sure I had our vests and head lamps so that we could be seen while on the other side of the Rourke Bridge. We almost got hit by a car. We were blinking, we reflected, and not to mention my head light was blinking right into his wind shield...

(There should be more of these signs out on the road!!!)


After we hit the Hess Gas Station, Kelly had to walk a little to catch her breath. Her asthma was kicking her ass, well techinically it was kicking her lungs. hahaha!!! Anyway, she rested up a little while I stayed in front but not too far ahead. We made our way over the School Street Bridge and onto the other side of the river. It's an awesome feeling once we get across the School Street Bridge because now we know we are almost done. This would be so boring and tedious on the treadmill. I like the scenery. It's so much easier when you are outside. We made our way down, and onto the path. About a quarter of a mile on the path, I always say, "I see Dunkins," because it's my way of knowing how close I am. We made our way down the path and finished at a little under 48 minutes. This was a slower run than yesterday; however, it was so much colder. I kept telling her, "it's going to be even colder for tomorrow's fudgcicle race at 8am!!! We had a great run and I'm glad we got in the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment