Friday, January 7, 2011

January 6th - Training - 4 on the boulevard

Again, Kelly and I did the boulevard loop. This time, we added half a mile to make it 4 by running right from the boat house parking lot. I enjoyed this run. We took it nice and easy, which is what I needed after my 8 miler yesterday. We only had to stop once, that damn traffic. Coming off the rourke bridge is probably worse the the highway traffic during rush hour. I'm glad we don't have to follow the stop lights and stop signs. It's not very fun stopping in the middle of your run. After we crossed that traffic jam, we continued down middlesex street up and passed UMLowell.


(That's more of an obstacle course!!!)

We hit one mile on that road and Kelly kept on going. Just a little passed the Hess gas station Kelly said, she was pushing for two miles straight through and I said "Great, we are very close to two miles." The two mile mark hit and she continued running as if she had never stopped. We made our way over the school street bridge and onto the side walk. The beginning wasn't bad but as we passed McDonalds, the ice covered the sidewalk. The other two days we ran, we jumped over the guard rail and ran on the shoulder of the road. I figured it would be melted by today. It wasn't. We ran on it for a little bit and I kept slipping around so I jumped the guard rail and continued on the road. Kelly stayed on the sidewalk. Once we passed the snowy, icy part of it, she said, "that gave me a chance to slow down."


(Good Job Kelly)


 Props to her for going this far all in a row. Shortly after, we hit the three mile mark and she continued on running. We hit 5k at 35:22 which is good for her. We kept running down the boulevard and we hit the path. It was so nice. The lights were bright and shining and it looked awesome. Kelly said, "It's so romantic, should we like hold hands lol." I thought that was funny. We made our way down the path and hit the boat house parking lot at about 3.87miles. We ran across the parking lot and back to make the 4. This was an awesome run for Kelly. SHE MADE IT THE ENTIRE WAY WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of her. I love this loop. IT NEVER GETS OLD!!!!!!!!!!

(GREAT RUN TODAY KELLY!!!!!!!!!)

2 comments: