Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8th - Race - Fudgcicle 5k

This morning was awesome. I ran the first Fudgcicle 5k of the season and it happened to be my first Fudgcicle race ever. It was an awesome turn out. There was a record of 87 runners tonight, WOO HOO!!!
http://coolrunning.com/results/11/ma/Jan8_Fudgci_set1.shtml ... You can check the race results there.

This race was really nice. I stuck with Jess for a little bit. Then picked up the pace a tad around mile one but fell back to about 9s - 9:30s around mile 1.5.... I have been doing slow training runs, so I thought I'd be able to compensate today and pick up the pace. It wasn't a SUPER SLOW race, but it is much slower compared to the 5ks I'd been doing in the summer. I felt great the last half mile. I picked up the pace a lot and at mile three when my watch reset to my new pace, I was doing a 6:46 pace to try and catch Jessica. I had told her that if she beat me, I'd buy her breakfast. Damn!!!! She beat my by 15 seconds. Oh well!!! It was a fun race and the breakfast was awesome! This is an awesome race for only $1. If anyone is interested in running this race, it's every Saturday at 8am located at 320 Pleasant Street, Tewksbury, MA. (Tewksbury High School) Come and join us, it's only one dollar per race and the breakfast at deli king is delicious and affordable. Let's try to make the record and reach 100 people.

(They cook a good breakfast. I can't wait til next week!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment