Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9th - Race - Freeze Your Buns off 5k!

I woke up this morning at about 7:30. Got out of bed at about 8 and woke up my dad. I ate my signature, toast with peanutbutter for breakfast with a glass of OJ. It made a huge difference because after todays race, I didn't feel like I was going to pass out. Phewwww!!!! As I made my way towards mile one I noticed that I was going way too fast. I had done a 27:20 the day before, and I was on pace to do a 24 minute 5k. I slowed down towards the very end of the mile so that I would be able to give more in the next two miles. As I was making my way around the first loop of Nashua High School, the lead guys past me. (It didn't bother me at all.) The lead girl and then my dad also passed me. (NO JOKES JASON!!!) I went around on my second lap as they were on their third. I started chatting with a woman named Kim and we were together that entire lap and then a little into the third. I soon took off and we said good luck to each other and that was that. It was about 2.6 miles into the race that I was done my last lap and straight onto the finish. I had been taking it slow the entire race so I could give a little extra at the end. My dad had been running back to get me and we ran in together. At about one tenth to go, I picked it up and took huge strides to finish the race strong. Even the guy I passed right at the end said "WOW!!!" as I ran by him. That was a great race and I'll be looking forward to doing it again in 2 weeks.

(I think my stride was about double that!!! jk!!!)

2 comments:

  1. You got passed by a girl? To make matters even worse, it was Fil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. you're just a barrell of laughs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete