Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5th - Training - 8 in my town

This morning, I woke up at about 8:30 AM. I laid there a while waiting for 9 o'clock to get up and out of bed. I texted Amanda to see if she was coming over for a pre-run breakfast. She had just woken up, so she ate at home and I had some toast with peanut butter.


(It was so yummy!!!)

I had a glass of OJ with it, and that was it. Amanda soon arrived and we streched a bit before our run. She had 3 shirts on, long spandex pants, gloves and ear muffs. I wore two shirts, a wind breaker, long layer 8 pants, gloves and ear muffs. We began our run from my driveway. We made it onto the main road and about a half a mile into our run I had taken the gloves off. For some reason, my hands just get too warm while running. I put the gloves in my pockets and continued running. We made the first mile in 9:25, about 35 seconds faster than I had planned. I could deffinitely feel that last few days of running after the first mile. We slowed it down after that. We did anywhere between 10 and 11:10 for the next 3-4 miles. At about mile 2-4, I was feeling pain in my legs. If Amanda wasn't there, I deffinitely would have wanted to cut the run short and just go home. Thanks to her, I continued my run. We were chatting the whole way which made the run more enjoyable. Around mile 4 I started forgetting that we were running because I was completely into the conversation. It was then that I looked at my watch and realized we were already at 4.6miles. It felt like we just started that mile. That's always a great feeling. Especially after hitting the half way mark. After that, it's all down hill. Well not literally. We didn't have too many hills in this run. On or two decent inclines. The rest were slow inclines but not much of a hill to us. Even towards the end of the run we didn't feel the inclines that much because we were moving much quicker. We picked up the pace in the last two miles. It felt great. Towards the end of the run I was feeling slight pain again; however, as we were only 1/4 of a mile away from the finish, we picked up the pace a lot and finished our 8 miles strong. I didn't feel any pain immediately after. It wasn't until I sat down in the chair at home and had to get up again that I was a little sore. All in all, it was a great run and I had a great time. I'm glad I got that in. Now I just need to work on a little speed and I will be golden.


1 comment: