Friday, January 21, 2011

January 19th - I know I know - 3 days off!!!

I decided to take a rest day on Sunday, ending my 16 day streak. I was very tired and I just wanted to sit down and relax and watch some football with Dad. We won't disguss that. Anyway, Monday was my last day of winter break, well, it should have been. So I decided to enjoy it and just relax for the day. Tuesday, we had our snow storm and it wasn't very good to run in, so I decided to take another day off. Well, it was time for me to get my Half Marathon butt into gear. I decided to run on the treadmill after classes on Wednesday and incorporate some weight training. Well, a lot of good that did. I only made it 2 miles before my legs started to turn on me and tell me they didn't want to run anymore. I decided to walk around the indoor track a couple of times to cool off. I lifted some weights and I did some leg exercises as well. I tried to get back on the treadmill to get in another 1.11 to finish off the 5k but I couldn't do it. My legs were too dead. I hope this doesn't affect my performance at the Fudgcicle 5k on Satruday. This week hasn't been too good to me, hopefully I am able to kick it back into gear and get back into the training.

(I hate these things!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment