Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 4th - Taining - Boulevard Loop

Today, I did the blvd loop again with my cousin Kelly. This time, we stretched a little bit more before and after. We did our normal walk to and across the bridge and across the street. We do this as a warm up, and so we don't have to stop to wait for the traffic.


(Wouldn't want to dodge that while running!!!)


Kelly is just getting back into running, so we are taking it very slow. These runs are nice for me because I feel great and refreshed. I loved running slow with her because it gives me a chance to help someone who is slower than me (not too many people) pick up the pace or reach a goal. Today, she was able to make it the first full mile without stopping. That is a great accomplishment for someone who hasn't run in over two months. While she walked, I used the opportunity to run ahead and run back to her to increase my mileage as well. The entire loop is approximately 4 miles. We walked the first .57 miles and then ran the last 3.5. I'd say she ran 1.75-2 miles of it and walked the rest. But hey, she said she would have been rolled up on the couch watching t.v. if she wasn't out there running, so credit is deffinitely deserved. These days are getting longer very slowly. Both times we've run, we have been caught in the dark towards the end of our run. Luckily, at that point we were on the path; however, one of these days we will be starting at a later time, and we will need to wear our reflectors.

(Already?!?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment